Karate Kid is the ultimate underdog teen movie and 80’s martial arts classic! Seriously, who can forget Daniel LaRusso vs. Johnny Lawrence of Cobra Kai at the All Valley Karate Championship? Ok, granted the fight scenes were bit cheesy but you can’t even say the word “dojo” without thinking about the Karate Kid.
How about the crazy villain, Sensei John Kreese, who encourages his students to bully weak kids? This guy was supposedly an ex-Special Forces Vietnam Veteran. Who knows what happened in Nam that made him such a vicious nut ball!
For those that haven’t seen the movie yet you should definitely watch it. If anything to see a young and cute Elizabeth Shue! Geez, she was hot back in the day!
I’m getting side-tracked now! Anyway, check out the 5 awesome Karate Kid t-shirts below!
“Get him a body bag, yeah!”
“Sweep the leg!”
“Bow to your Sensei!”
“Strike fast, strike hard, now mercy!”
“Wax on, wax off.”
Of course this post wouldn’t be complete without a Karate Kid video clip! In the video Ralph Macchio looks like a scared ferret on crack…
Ok, here is an extra t-shirt for the hard core Karate Kid fan; 80’s Tees offers the “Referee” t-shirt, which can be seen in the video above.
The front side of the t-shirt simply says “Referee”. If wearing a referee t-shirt from the Karate Kid movie isn’t funny then I don’t know what is!
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is arguably one of the best teen movies of the eighties. Mathew Broderick gave an oustanding performance as the mischevious, witty and lovable Ferris. The movie gained critic acclaim when it was released and is still considered a great comedy. 80’s Tees recreated the “Save Ferris” t-shirt that was worn in the movie (featured above). Classic Movie and classic t-shirt!
Chuck Norris is the greatest martial artist, action star, actor, and human to ever walk the face of the Earth. In fact no one that has ever lived can compare to the sheer awesomeness and coolness that is Chuck Norris.
Here are few well known facts about the greatest human ever:
1. Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
2. Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
3. Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
4. The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
5. Chuck Norris defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you’re still alive, it’s because Chuck Norris loves you.
6. Chuck Norris isn’t hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Chuck Norris.
7. If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can’t see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.
8. Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead decided to punch his way out of his mother’s womb.
9. There are no disabled people. Only people who have met Chuck Norris.
10. Chuck Norris can win a game of Monopoly without owning any property.
11. There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.
12. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Chuck Norris, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone has ever gotten.
13. Chuck Norris invented cancer because he was tired of killing people
14. In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.
15. Chuck Norris is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
16. Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
17. When Chuck Norris goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket.
18. Chuck Norris has two speeds: walk and kill.
19.When Chuck Norris jumps into a body of water, he doesn’t get wet. The water gets Chuck Norris instead.
Top Gun is arguably one of the best alpha male movies of all time! Filmed in 1986, it starred Tom Cruise when he was in his prime, and featured a young and upcoming Val Kilmer. The movie was made prior to the fall of the Soviet Union, so it still maintains the cold war feel. One of the best scenes is when Tom Cruise flips the “bird” to the Soviet MIG pilot.
“You Can Be My Wingman Anytime”
Overall, Top Gun is a timeless movie and still gets constant viewing by college kids today. The one liners in the movie have forever been embedded in the US alpha male vernacular.
Believe it or not it was 30 years ago that The Empire Strikes Back was released. Although it initially received mixed reviews The Empire Strikes Back went on to be the 12th highest grossing film of all time!
If you are a movie fan then you will love the “Classic Cars” t-shirt from Busted Tees! Some of the greatest movie and tv cars are represented on the t-shirt. Optimus Prime, the General Lee, and Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters are just a few of the cool cars in the design!